Monday, July 6, 2009

Safe Summer Car Seat Buckles

Here in Arizona car seats can get very hot during the summer. So I devised a cute Car Seat Ice Pack that I leave over the buckles of my daughters car seat when I go shopping or to church so they are not burning hot when we get back in the car.

I purchased a Flexible Polar Ice Pack from my chiropractor a few years ago and realized that this would also be the perfect fit for a car seat because it can bend and fit the shape of the seat.
So I took some cute flannel and made a pocket for the ice pack and put a Velcro closure at the top and tah-dah, instant cutified ice pack. It is so practical and cute all at the same time. The ice pack has completely melted by the time we get out of church but the flannel absorbs the water and it dries quickly in the heat, but the buckles are nice and cool to the touch.

No comments: