Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lacey Snowflakes or 3D Snowflakes

My version of Lacey or 3D Snowflakes. First of all, I know this post is really late, but I had to have my sweet husband pull this pic of my phone and he was finally able to do it!

So I got a wild hair and wanted to put these in my tree for daytime decoration. So the kids and I took a Sunday morning before church and made them and hung them in the tree. They turned out great and it is really therapeutic putting them together.

I found great instructions for them HERE and HERE. Or you can adapt them however you would like. I folded my paper like the 2nd step of a snowflake and then made marks on the fold at
1 1/2, 3, 4 1/2, 7 1/2, 9, and 10 1/2. It was quick and simple!

I think I might experiment and see if I can't make these for Valentine's Day. I wonder if I can change the straight lines to hearts? (OOHHHH I do love a good crafty challenge!!!) I will let you know if it works. Anyway have a great weekend and stay tuned for my next post, I will be featuring my first post in my new "My 12 Favorite Tools or Helpful Hints"!!

No comments: